Thursday, August 11, 2011

Published! Low Concept vol.1 and The Gathering vol.4

So, let's just mention the elephant right now: my mission statement in the "Where Am I?" column hasn't exactly been accurate for a while now. Ever since the Portland move, new blog posts have been few and far between and, I'll be honest, I don't know when they're going to pick up again. I've had many things to distract me from the Farther Room project, some legit, some ridiculous. Farther Room ain't dead, though. I haven't given up. I just still need to refocus and, contrary to previous statements, that's going to take time.

I figure the least I can do, though, is to keep you updated on my career progress, seeing as said career was the driving force behind the creation of this blog.

I've (finally) had some stories published!

The first was actually released last month:

Low Concept: an EOC anthology

Conceived, executed, and birthed from the warm fuzzy womb of the 11 O'Clock Comics podcast message board community, Low Concept is what happens when someone goes, "Hey, wouldn't this be a cool idea?" and then actually does it. Contained within are 140 pages of humor, adventure, drama, weirdness, sincerity and an absolute and unabashed love of the comic book medium. There's a story in there for everyone, and each one of them is satisfying in its own way.

And on page 49 you will find my first ever published comic, drawn by Steve J. Thompson.


I'll probably eventually put the whole thing on my website, but for now, let's just call this the free taste.

You can purchase the book for ridiculously cheap HERE!


Second, we have another anthology originally conceived on a comic message board:

The Gathering, vol.4: Into the Abyss

The Gathering is a quarterly publication, started by members of the Jinxworld message board community, which has received tons of critical praise and good press. Each issue is based around a respective theme and features short stories by amateur and pro comic creators alike. The horror themed fourth issue includes a two pager written by me and drawn by my long time collaborator, Matt Shults.


You can buy it (and all the other issues) at the publisher's website HERE!

Also there's still a few days left on the Kickstarter campaign to fund future issues of the comic. Check out the details HERE.


So there you have it! I haven't been wholly unproductive during my hiatus.

Further updates to come... eventually.

3 comments:

  1. Joey! Your second "Here!" link to buy The Gathering from the publisher seems broken.

    Besides that, grats on the work! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads-up, C! Fixed the link.

    And, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Joey, I'm one of the contributors to The Gathering and I wrote a review on some of the stories (including yours) on my blog. Feel free to check it out and leave a comment.

    Cheers,

    Arcadio (AKA Arion)

    http://artbyarion.blogspot.com/2011/09/gathering-vol-4-into-abyss.html

    ReplyDelete