Monday, October 4, 2010

24 Hour Comics Day 2010

October 2, 2010, was the 7th annual 24 Hour Comics Day. For those who don't want to follow the link, 24 Hour Comics Day was created by comics guru Scott McCloud, first as a challenge to a fellow artist , but soon as a challenge to every lover of the comics medium. Anyone is free to join in, regardless of artistic experience or disposition, and there is only one rule: the comic must be conceived, written, and drawn entirely by you within a single consecutive 24 hour period.

Eventually,
a day was made of it, so that comic lovers far and wide could take on this creative endeavor as a community.

Last Saturday was my first attempt. I started at midnight and worked straight through to 10pm on October 2nd (I included time stamps on each page to mark when I finished it). The result is what follows.
















































4 comments:

  1. Really nice man. Great page and panel composition. Each page ended with me wanting to see the next one. The story was very servicable, with some good humor, a nice twist, and a moral.

    I am impressed. And for the record, I don't bother to respond to stuff like this just to blow smoke up someone's backside. I really did enjoy it. And you managaed to stay very consistent throughout the process. Nice job.

    The van page was my favorite. Great layout. Although I did love it when the giant hammer trap was revealed as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A well-paced story, you managed to draw my interest page by page. Good stuff, man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, gents! I really appreciate the feedback, and I'm glad you dug it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, my opinion might not matter as much as someone within the industry, but as an "end user" I gotta say that that was AMAZING AND WONDERFUL!! Admittedly it's a tad difficult to read but I can't praise it highly enough! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete